Here’s a handy guide to help you keep those fingers in the right place.
- One thing to note when playing the harp is that you need to really focus on where your hands are ending up when they’re on the strings.
- We notice as harp teachers that students can fall into bad habits which could eventually hurt their hands; one thing that is very obvious is having your thumb pointing down.
- When we put our hand on the harp we need our thumbs up and our fingers pointing down.
- So we can imagine that the people in front of us are getting a big thumbs up and our fingers are pointing down on the strings.
- Play your thumb, then each finger.